Saturday, May 9, 2009

Working Class Done good gone bad

I am down this evening.  It was meant to be a nice evening but not what it turned out to be.  An introspective one.

Mum and Dad always drilled it into me to be independent, to work for those grades and that degree and finally that job.  Now thats gone. Its hurts to rely on others.  Yes its pride and I have been generous to others in my time but when the tables are turned, I am embarassed.  

I know its not a handout, I should take it in the spirit it was intended. But my independence is gone and it feels like I am being reminded of it all the time.  It lurks in the background when ever someone says "don't worry about the bill - let us take care of it".

3 comments:

  1. That sucks. I hope things work out for ya soon :) I also hate having to rely on others to help me through this time :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jay.. thanks for the thoughts. Yep I am hoping so too. Sometime real soon would be nice BUT perhaps sometimes we have to wait for good things to be found/come to us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well i'm waiting and looking, but probably in a worse situation than you :(

    ReplyDelete